This is a letter of love to all the women who have felt betrayed by their bodies, their emotions, their womanhood,
You are not alone.
I hear you; I see you; and if you want, I would like to empower you.
I fell in love with women’s health after years of birth control created hormonal-havoc, and I felt betrayed by the very chemicals that make me a woman.
Since then, I love all of it. The hormones, the vagina, the ovaries, the uterus, the breasts, the emotions, the roles women play in their own lives. I want to help you love all of what makes you a woman as well.
With the lens and tools of Chinese Medicine, I approach the body holistically and look at its relationship to itself and its environment. Chinese Medicine teaches us to live in harmony with our surroundings and follow the natural rhythms put in place, like sleep cycles, menstrual cycles and food cycles (regular meal times and seasonal foods).
I’d like to foster a nourishing relationship between you and your body, in which you can make educated lifestyle choices. I’d like to support you with acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, supplements, and nutrition counseling. And however else I can bring yin to your yang.
It would be an honor to be a part of your journey to health.
PMS, Menstrual Cycles and Hormone Imbalances
Women’s hormones are seen as a network of Qi and Blood flow, especially in the Liver, Spleen and Kidney channels. By modulating the flow of Qi (more yang in nature and closely linked to progesterone and testosterone) and Blood (more yin in nature and closely linked to estrogen, menstrual blood and fluids), Chinese Medicine can:
- Regulate hormones and the HPG axis (Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Gonadal axis)
- Normalize dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea and menorrhagia, irregular bleeding
- Address PCOS, endometriosis and more with hormone regulation
Menopause, Hormone Imbalances
Menopause is a natural process and can be experienced as a seamless transition with appropriate care. Chinese Medicine brings balance to your hormones and alleviates:
- Hot flashes and sweats
- Mood swings
- Sleep issues
- Vaginal dryness
- Low libido
Fertility issues grow more common, and Chinese Medicine can support your needs, either in conjunction with ART and IVF or on your own first. Chinese Medicine has shown to:
- Increase blood flow to the uterus
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Regulate menstrual cycle and ovulation
- Regulate the HPG (Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Gonadal) axis which regulates reproductive hormones
Pregnancy and Post-Partum
Chinese Medicine can prove vital during the first trimester of pregnancy, manage other symptoms through the second and third trimesters and provide focused healing and recovery in the “Fourth Trimester.” Many women shed their skins as individuals when they become mothers, and I’d like to gently remind them that their health is just as important as their beautiful newborns’.
- Reduce the chances of miscarriage
- Alleviate morning sickness and food aversions
- Increase energy
- Decrease heartburn
- Reduce hemorrhoids
- Reduce restless sleep
- Reduce edema
- Manage high blood pressure
- Manage stress
- Reduce back, hip and pelvic pain
- Can help turn breech baby
- Prepare your body for labor
- Breast milk supply and mastitis
- Caring for your body postpartum
- Postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety